Computers were supposed to save us time, but Windows XP users know how often the opposite seems to be true. What if you could get a list of shortcuts that would save you time every single day? Windows XP Timesaving Techniques For Dummies, 2nd Edition includes 70 of them, great tips and tricks that make Windows work faster, more reliably, and more like the way you work.
Collected and tested by Windows guru Woody Leonhard, these timesavers are organized into groups of related tasks so you can quickly find the ones that will help you at any given time. You can set up your desktop and launch your programs in the way that makes sense for you, take back control of the Internet and e-mail, manage your music and visual media, and protect your system in a few simple steps. You’ll find no-nonsense advice on
- Eliminating irritating programs that start automatically
- Speeding up the restart or shutdown process
- Streamlining searches, the Start menu, and Outlook Express
- Strengthening your firewall and zapping scumware
- Adjusting your monitor to reduce eyestrain
- Reducing download time for photos
- Enhancing the performance of your network
- Making online shopping faster as well as safer
- Scheduling maintenance chores to run while you sleep
From the most basic to somewhat advanced tricks designed for power users, this grocery list of timesavers has something for every Windows XP user— including you!
Mehr auf Amazon: