Over 80 hands-on recipes to effectively administer and manage your Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in enterprise environments
About This Book
- Implement the commonly used roles and features provided by Windows Server 2012 R2 effectively
- Make your Microsoft network infrastructure more streamlined and efficient than ever
- Hands-on recipes with lots of tips and tricks intended to assist experienced adminstrators
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for system administrators and IT professionals with experience in Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environments who are looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
What You Will Learn
- Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows network
- Navigate the new Server 2012 R2 interface efficiently
- Implement solid networking and security practices into your Windows Server environment
- Design your own PKI and start issuing certificates today
- Connect your remote laptops back to the corporate network using Microsoft’s own remote access technologies, including DirectAccess
- Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by configuring Remote Desktop Services
- Compose optimal Group Policies
- Facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting
This book will help you to understand the essential administrative tasks in Windows Server 2012, and will also introduce you to the new features in R2. Starting with familiarizing yourself with the look and feel of Windows Server 2012 R2, you will learn how to navigate through some daily tasks in R2 using the graphical interface, and then reflect on the most common infrastructure tasks needed to create a successful Windows Active Directory environment. You will learn how to compose optimal Group Policies and facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting.
By the end of this book, you will know how to take your Windows Server 2012 R2-powered server and turn it into any common infrastructure role that might be required in your company.
Mehr auf Amazon: