4th Edition Just Released! No Increase In Cost! Limited Time Offer At This Price!
The word "SAMBO" is an acronym for SAMozashchita Bez Oruzhiya, which literally translates as self-defense without weapons.
Russian Sambo is a martial arts style and self-defense system that was formulated in the former Soviet Union during the early 1900's. In that sense, it does not have as long a history as some of the Asian styles. That said, Sambo, which is sometimes referred to as Sombo, has roots in several different martial arts types, drawing from many of the older styles.
Sambo was meant to be a melding of all of the different martial arts styles available to come up with the most efficient one yet. Living in what amounts to a bridge between Europe and Asia, the Russian people were certainly introduced to a variety of martial arts styles via contact with the Japanese, Vikings, Tatars, Mongols, and more. The combination of what worked from these styles served as the building blocks to what is now referred to as Russian Sambo.
Vasili Oshchepkov, the Karate and Judo trainer for Russia's elite Red Army, was one of the founders of Sambo. Like any trainer worth their salt, Oshchepkov wanted his men to be the most proficient of all in martial arts techniques.
With a second degree black belt in judo from Jigoro Kano himself, making him one of the rare non-Japanese to hold such a distinction at the time, Oshchepkov felt that he could work to formulate a superior martial arts style by adding what worked from judo to what worked from the Russian native wrestling styles, karate, and more.
Getting started in Sambo and Combat Sambo can be daunting. But training martial arts is one of the most beneficial things I've ever done, mentally and physically, but getting over the beginner's hump was where a chunk of those benefits come from.
Thankfully the Internet now allows us to learn more easily from those who came before us.
Here is what you will learn in Beginning Sambo: The Ultimate Guide
- What is Sambo?
- Where did Sambo originate?
- Who invented Sambo?
- Do the Russian Military use Sambo?
- What is the difference between Sambo and Combat Sambo?
- How does Sambo differ from Judo?
- How does Sambo differ from Brazilian Jiu-jitsu?
- What happens in the average Sambo class?
- Is Sambo right for Women?
- How often should I train Sambo, as a beginner?
- Is Sambo just a sport, or will it teach me self-defence?
- I'm really out of shape: Do I need to get fitter before starting Sambo?
- What are the belt ranks in Sambo?
- I'm getting frustrated with my lack of progress: how can I overcome this?
- Guide To Rolling/Sparring
- I get tired quickly when sparring: what can I do?
- I'm scared of sparring what should I do?
- How do I avoid injuries in Sambo and Combat Sambo?
- I'm worried about getting cauliflower ear: how do I avoid it?
- Beginner Sambo Techniques (With Videos)
Would You Like To Know More?
Download and begin your Sambo and Combat Sambo journey.
Scroll to the top of the page and select the buy button.
Tags: MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, UFC, Vale Tudo, BJJ, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, No Holds Barred, Judo, Boxing, Sambo, Sambo, Combat Sambo, Freestyle Sambo, Wrestling, Judo, Fedor Emelianenko
Mehr auf Amazon: