Fetal & Neonatal Physiology provides neonatologist fellows and physicians with the essential information they need to effectively diagnose, treat, and manage sick and premature infants. Fully comprehensive, this resource continues to serve as an excellent reference tool, focusing on the basic science needed for exam preparation and the key information required for full-time practice.
The 5th edition is the most substantially updated and revised edition ever. In the 5 years since the last edition published, there have been thousands of publications on various aspects of development of health and disease; Fetal and Neonatal Physiology synthesizes this knowledge into definitive guidance for today’s busy practitioner.
- Offers definitive guidance on how to effectively manage the many health problems seen in newborn and premature infants.
- Chapters devoted to clinical correlation help explain the implications of fetal and neonatal physiology.
- Allows you to apply the latest insights on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more.
- Features a fantastic new 4-color design with 1,000 illustrations, 170+ chapters, and over 350 contributors.
- 16 new chapters cover such hot topics as Epigenetics; Placental Function in Intrauterine Growth Restriction; Regulation of Pulmonary Circulation; The Developing Microbiome of the Fetus and Newborn; Hereditary Contribution to Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia; Mechanistic Aspects of Phototherapy for Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia; Cerebellar Development; Pathophysiology of Neonatal Sepsis; Pathophysiology of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn; Pathophysiology of Meconium Aspiration Syndrome; Pathophysiology of Ventilator Dependent Infants; Pathophysiology of Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury; Pathophysiology of Neonatal White Matter Injury; Pathophysiology of Meningitis; Pathophysiology of Preeclampsia; and Pathophysiology of Chorioamnionitis.
- New Pathophysiology of Neonatal Diseases section highlights every process associated with a disease or injury, all in one place.
- In-depth information, combined with end-of-chapter summaries, enables deep or quick use of the text.
Mehr auf Amazon: