This classic reference has established the value of petrography as a powerful method for the investigation of concrete as a material. It provides an authoritative and well-illustrated review of concrete composition and textures, including the causes of defects, deterioration, and failure that can be identified using a petrological microscope. This new edition is entirely revised and updated and also greatly extended to take account of new scientific developments and significant improvements in instrumentation and to reflect current laboratory working practices, as well as to reflect new understanding of the performance of concrete and related materials.
Now in full color throughout, Concrete Petrography, Second Edition provides case study examples, with appropriate explanatory discussions and practical advice on selecting, handling and preparing specimens. It assists and guides the engineer, the trainee and the experienced petrographer in understanding the scientific evidence that is basic to petrographic analysis and so will lead to more accurate and timely diagnosis and treatment of problems in structural concrete.
This book includes:
- Contributions in specialist areas by internationally recognized experts
- Explanation of computer techniques as an aid to petrography
- Full coverage of inspection, sampling, and specimen preparation
- New sections covering recent technological development of equipment
- Guidance on observation of cement and concrete mineralogy and microfabrics
- Discussion and illustrative examples of deterioration and failure mechanisms
- New work and guidance on the determination of water/cement ratio
- New color illustrations and micrographs throughout
- Thorough updating of standards, other authoritative publications, and references
- A fully revised, extended, and updated glossary of optical and other properties
Mehr auf Amazon: